Friday, August 2, 2013

Ruby Slipper Handouts



I found these clear plastic "slippers" in the wedding section at JoAnn Fabrics.  They come 24 in a box for about $12.  I used my 50% off coupon so they were even cheaper!
 They measure 3.5 inches.

 I used Rust-Oleum Gloss Apple Red spray paint to turn them all red.
Mix red glitter into white glue.  Paint it on the slipper and then sprinkle more glitter on the glue.

Once they dried, I gave them a coat of gloss Mod Podge to seal the glitter.  


They look just like real Ruby Slippers!!

I wrapped them in cellophane bags and tied this quote from Glinda the good witch:

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. how cute....what a messy craft, but the end result is perfect!
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shower idea for my DIL2B! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete