Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sewing forever, housework whenever


I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
It has been true especially this week! Monday I sewed this quilted tote bag for a church Relief Society Service Auction. I love how it turned out - I need to make one for myself! The basic pattern is here. I changed a few things and quilted it.
The next day I sewed this little owl. I got the pattern from one of my favorite blogs, Just Another Hangup. He is filled with rice. You pop him in the microwave for 60 to 90 seconds and he is perfect for cramps, sore muscles, cold feet, etc. He was a gift for a friend.


Wednesday I spent the day pouring over a McCall's skirt pattern. I psyched myself up and went for it. I am a quilter at heart but I am trying to be a better seamstress. The skirt turned out so cute. It is for my daughter. I will next attempt to sew one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment